Monday, July 14, 2008

One La Salle Experience

The One Lasalle race event to me is one of my highly anticipated event. Its not because its a race event organized by my Alma Matter, but because my wife and daughter will also be running in the race. As this race is called One Lasalle One Family, then I was to run with my family in the 3K category. I may have missed a week of running, but I'd be happy to run a 3K along with family.

But it was unfortunate when we arrived, drizzles of rain kept pouring. Even worse when the race gun sounded, the rain began to pour even harder. We decided that its wiser for my daughter and wife to skip the run. As I was carrying the umbrella, I assisted them to the tents while the 3K runners are off and gone. My wife told me to start running the 3K. I wasn't sure I was in the mood already. In fact, I really felt bad with the situation, and yes, I was frustrated. But these things really happen and all you need to do is to make the best out of the situation. After a few minutes I made up my mind to at least finish the race and reap some training benefits.

It was still drizzling but I didn't care. I pressed my watch and ran. I passed by the thousands of people walking, overtook them and slowly I was able to see and overtook 3K runners who were in running mode (at least). It was a short run but at least I did it at tempo pace and I was happy I still ran the race.

After finishing it took me some time to find my wife and daughter. I thought they were at Bonifacio Highstreet but apparently they were just at the finish line waiting.

After meeting them, I met up with my brother and we had breakfast at Seattles Best.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Taki. Congratulations on the run. Definitely, you must be feeling better.

Heard there were over 5,000 participants...wow! Take care and have a good week ahead.

the le Roux's said...

Thank you for the nice message, glad to hear of your interest. I alos enjoy gadgets and find there is not so many running gadgets here in the Philippines, my favourite place to go here is to I think it is called REX at the Fort?

Johnny Sy said...

Hi Techspec. I guess people view the rain from different angles. Most runners welcome it to keep cool although the sogginess afterwards is definitely uncomfortable. Many were actually afraid to get sick -- as seems to be prevalent these days -- you get rain, you get indoors there's air conditioning or you stay outdoors when the sun shines and you get the temperature variance that ultimately weakens your immune system. I think the best part is breakfast with the family -- I envy you -- you got them up and early to join you. That for me is where I should congratulate you!! Animo La Salle!

Anonymous said...

sayang! You were looking forward pa naman for this race... well, I'm sure there will be other races where you can bring your family :D

- loonyrunner

Anonymous said...

sayang i didn't get to meet your family! hey are you doing milo 42k? i'll be doing bike support!

Tech Spec said...

Hey Marga,

I might not be able to do the 42K. I lack training for that. Really, you'll be doing bike support? Baka puwede maki join... hehe may bike nako!!

Tech Spec said...

looneyrunner, yeah. I hope I can bring them at the tnf100. Btw, would you be joining that race? Its a new experience - running on trails. Pero I guess you need to get a trail running shoe.

Anonymous said...

huwaaat may bike ka na?!?! TARAAAAAA!!! tagaytay na tayo!

Tech Spec said...

Marga - yeah I already got myself a roadie. So when will be your next biking gimmick. I wanna join!

Anonymous said...

dude i just came from doing sprint loops at manila memorial park while oknoy and don ran. you want tomorrow? :)