Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Adidas Race Jitters

My first 10K was the Adidas run at Mall of Asia last year and now its another 10K Adidas race for me. I'm kinda nervous about this race. Not that I might not be able to finish it, but of being able to get my desired race time. I know many has happend recently such as my heel injury, 2 weeks of hibernating from a run, and a total lack of long runs. I don't know how much fitness is lost, but its always the race that gauges it.

Oh well... maybe I'm just putting too much pressure on myself. I need to enjoy it. Its not called a FUN run for nothing. :)

Ah... right.. just enjoy the run... and meet new friends. :)

See you guys at the KOTR.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is true, the most important thing is to enjoy it but being competitive and self driving, we always want to do better. Not against someone else but against ourselves. What time are you aiming at and what pace do you want to sustain? Keep fit and enjoy the race.

Tech Spec said...

Hi Philip,

Yeah, being competitive makes us want to do better every time we race. Its always ourselves that scares us sometimes.

Anyway, if God will's it I like a 40minute 10K. But knowing that is pretty difficult for me at this point, I'd be happy to get at least a 42 to 43min 10K.

Will you run at KOTR too?

Nora, the golden girl said...

You're right tech spec. You're putting too much pressure on yourself. Just run and enjoy yourself. Good luck though...

See you at the KOTR!

Anonymous said...

I will be happy just to be there and meet up with you, Philip and Nora. When you are ready for a PR best am sure it will be there for you. See you at KOTR!

Tech Spec said...

Philip, Nora, prometheuscometh - Yeah, it would be nice to see you there. Lets meet up after the race.. Hope to see you guys and oh please I wish it won't rain tomorrow.