Thursday, June 25, 2009
Globe Run for Home
There are lots of reasons why every runner should be excited about this race. It would be the first time in the country where we could expect perks that are only available to other countries before. Here’s what you should expect from this race:
- Timing Chips which will allow runners to get incredibly accurate times.
- You can immediately see your race results in the internet as soon as you crossed the finish line.
- A software in the internet is available that will allow you to do an analysis of your run. You can determine you ranking within your age group, who was in front of you at a particular kilometer, or even determine were where you when the first lady crossed the finish line.
- The run will also provide live updates of the run so your family members can see in the internet where you are exactly during the race.
- There will be a lot of food stalls in the finish line.
- When you join the race, you are extending help to Habitat for Humanity and Kapit Bisig para sa Ilog Pasig.
- The registration is so cheap considering your using a timing chip, and you get to earn a phone load.
Please note that the LAST DAY of Registration will be on July 3 so hurry!
You can register at any Globe Business centers, RUNNR at Bonifacio High Street, or any Fitness First branch. To join Globe’s RUN FOR HOME, new Globe Prepaid subscribers can purchase a Globe Prepaid SIM for P45, load 300 worth of credits and register to Unlitxt All Day for P80. Existing Globe Prepaid subscribers can load P300 worth of credits and register to Unlitxt All Day for P80. Globe Post-paid subscribers and Globe Platinum members need to pay P300 fee and register to Unlitxt All Day for P80 to join the run. Otherwise, anyone can opt to register to the 3 kilometer, 5 kilometer or 10 kilometer run by paying P500 and P700 for the 21 kilometer run.
From July 16 to July 18, 2009, exactly three days before RUN FOR HOME, registered participants can pick up their race kits which include the official race number, safety pins, route maps, singlet and the disposable electronic timing chip, at the Bonifacio High Street (in front of ROX).
Log on to www.globe.com.ph/runforhome or visit participating Globe Business Centers and Fitness First branches in Metro Manila for more information regarding RUN FOR HOME.