Monday, September 22, 2008

Short Runs


A couple of weeks ago I was desperate to run, but I couldn't, no thanks to my ankle injury that forced me to lay low for a while (thank goodness it didn't force me to retirement). But I'm happy to be back at my feet doing my daily runs. But there were a bit of changes to my running routine lately, and maybe I'm either more prudent now or just plain paranoid for doing only short runs. This time around, I'm paying more attention to any form of pain I'd experience during my run. If it creeps in, I'd slow down, but if it doesn't I'd probably be the happiest runner on the road. All my runs so far ranges from 5K to 7K and there have been more rest days in between. Like last week, I alloted 3 rest days to have my ankle recover a little bit from any pounding. But short as my runs are, 2 to 3 runs of the week still remains in a high intensity pace. But most of the time they are just 5Ks or 6Ks. And nope, no greater than 7K high intensity. I think at this point in time running tempos at 7K and above could be dangerous to my ankle. But anyway lets see how the training goes. My mind is still set for the Adidas KOTR, but I'm still undecided if I'd try the 10K or the 21K. If all circumstance tells me to do the 21K then just maybe I'd run it. But if not, I might as well run the shorter race.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear you are running again. take it easy and see you at the KOTR!

Tech Spec said...

prometheuscometh - Thanks. :) Did you register already? Does the singlet really look good as the picture shows?

Nora, the golden girl said...

Have you registered for the KOTR? Hope you didn't experience the sad plight I had with the registration. Details in my post "Where Art Thou KOTR?"
So what are you running? 10k or 21k?
About the singlet, no problem with the men's. Sa women's, I have two posts about it: "If the Singlet Fits" and "Problem Solved".
Hope to see you and the other runner bloggers soon!

Tech Spec said...

Hi Nora,

I visited powerplant mall last weekend and it was unfortunate that they ran out of registration for 5 or 10K. There were still some 21K packets though. Yeah, I also asked if there were women packets and they also ran out.

I am planning of joining the 10K only. I guess I need a little more training to run 21K well. I'm asking my friend who would be joining if he could check out the adidas store at Megamall. Maybe they have plenty of packets there.

Nora, the golden girl said...

Ano ng balita, tech spec? Nakaregister ka na for KOTR?

Tech Spec said...

Hi Nora,

Fortunately my friend was able to register me for 10K this sunday.

However the singlet size I got was large. They ran out of small and medium sizes. So see you at KOTR this sunday.

Nora, the golden girl said...

Glad to hear that you were finally registered at the KOTR! Problema talaga ang singlet na yan. Buti na lang kasya sa akin yong size M ng men's singlet heh heh ...
Good luck!