Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mt. Gulugod Baboy Adventure







Sometimes, taking time away from the hustle and bustle of city life is what we need to unwind from the stress of work. So me and my officemates decided to spend the weekend to climb Mt Gulugod Baboy at Anilao Batangas. This one is an easy mountain to climb, rated by http://www.pinoymountaineers.com/ 3/9 for difficulty. The ascent is quite steep but short. An experienced mountaineer could actually trek the mountain up until the summit for 45minutes to an hour.


Of course, we weren't in a hurry, so there were plenty of rest and a halo halo in the middle of our journey. Even if Gulugod Baboy is a minor climb, the summit is still very rewarding where you get to see a 360 degrees view of Batangas. You could actually compare the summit to a Windows XP wall paper showing the hilly green grass.


The best part for me is you get the strenghtening benefits from the climb, and enjoy the journey as well. Mountain climbing is really a great experience, and keeps you in awe and amazed with God's hand when He built this wonderful shelter for us.


I also felt the training benefit of this short hike. Using my calves to speed my runs became easier. Just this morning, for an ordinary 5K run in hilly terrains of Fort Bonifacio, I logged 21 minutes and 34 seconds, and I wasn't racing.


No comments: